24.11.11

Media Consolidation: The Illusion of Choice (Infographic)

This from Frugal Dad -- not Frugal Da-da. That's a different thing altogether.
As a dad (and blogger) I’m concerned with the integrity of the news and entertainment my family and I consume every day. Who really produces, owns and airs the shows my kids are glued to every evening and which companies select the stories I read with such loyalty each morning? I’ve always advocated for critical consumption, and what could be more important than an awareness of the sources of our families’ daily info and entertainment diets? And today, most of our media is controlled by one of six companies. Check out Frugaldad’s infographic on the state of media consolidation in the U.S.:

Media Consolidation Infographic

Source: Frugal dad

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...