5.3.11

That Midnight Look of Parenthood

Fig. 10a. "The Thing"

Parent-zeitgeistically speaking (it works for publishers, too), there are so many bleak, 0-Dark-30 stretches where you have to just buckle down and bail, smile, knit The Thing That Needs to Get Knitted. Someone's gotta do it. Otherwise, that thing might knit you, get struck by lightning, become a pop sensation, and forget all about you.

"Honey! Throw me the paper towels! Yeah, the whole roll!
Then there's that time where the android milk spilled all over hell. You know who got to clean it up? Da-da. Stupid androids. Hm. Da-da fears some Dada might be leaking into his Da-da.

Crap. Gotta go. The apes are stroking the monolith again.

"Hey, you apes! Getcher damn hands off that monolith!"

4 comments:

Boredom Blog said...

Completely nonsensical. Loves it.

FYI, my Captcha Code is flest, doesn't that sound like it should be a real word?? I'm going to think of a meaning for it and start using it in everyday conversation.

A Man Called Da-da said...

parenthood is ostensibly pretty nonsensical to da-da. that's why he endeavors to smile through the fish.

-da-da

Boredom Blog said...

Well hello there!

I'm commenting to let you know that I have decided to award you a 'Stylish Blogger Award'!

I have linked to your blog from my own here http://ablogfulofboredom.blogspot.com/2011/03/stylish-blogger-award.html

With this award come some rules (apparently).

They are:

Thank and link back to the person who awarded this to you.
Share 7 things about yourself.
Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.

I really love reading your blog.

Keep it up!

ABowlOfMush said...

P.s I've linked you on my twitter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...