Yes, the Apocalypse must draw nearer, as Da-da was just awarded a, "Stylish Blogger Award," from Da-da's fellow blogger over at, "A Blogful of Boredom," which seems somehow apropos. Besides thanking the nominator, there were a number of provisos you, gentle reader, may see below:
A. Thank and link back to the person who awarded this to you. Many linky thanks to YOU, you Aussie wunderkind, you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
- Da-da used to be a musician; indeed, Da-da counts himself a recovering musician (jazz and legit).
- Da-da has supernatural hand-eye coordination.
- Da-da was raised by cats, but some of you already knew that.
- Da-da actually once contemplated JOINING THE NAVY, which means...
- DA-DA WAS ONCE EVEN MORE INSANE THAN HE IS NOW, even though Da-da likes the sea and adores barking orders at people and launching things like potatoes and rutabagas at other vessels and wears eye patches all the time, arrr. This has nothing to do with the fact that...
- Da-da's permanent Halloween costume is a monk's robe; Da-da wears the robe and cowl about once a month to mystify the neighbors, transmogrifying into: BROTHER DA-DA.
- Da-da has that terrible disorder-intersection of WRITING ABOUT YOURSELF IN THE THIRD-PERSON and CAPITALIZING THINGS TO MAKE A POINT. Though, there is hope: Da-da will soon write in the highly experimental FOURTH PERSON, which is basically the same as writing in the third person, with the subtle difference of Da-da dictating his thoughts to some cloudworld voicemail system -- in ESPERANTO -- then later listening and transcribing his own words to write the blog. Technically, this might qualify as ESPERANTO THIRD-PERSON, but Da-da's gonna risk it.
This is tough, as Da-da has about five minutes a day to himself that he uses for blithering to the unmassed washes. He'll try to come up with ten, though:
- Disapproving Rabbits: the grumpiest bunnies this side of the Playboy Mansion basement asylum.
- Quilt Porn: alas, despite the awesome title, this isn't what you think it is. And the blog isn't updated very often, but hey, Da-da likes to see creative, artistic sewing, and quilting isn't easy. Da-da also likes LARD, but that's a whole other post.
- Filth Wizardry: another outstanding name, coupled to a highly useful site from a dad who's 10 million times more creative and patient than Honky Da-da, creating all kinds of supercool crafts for kids out of manhole covers and toilet paper, tampons and Russian titanium. Kudos. Da-da's boys still haven't relinquished their milk-jug stormtrooper helmets.
- Bowl of Mush: excellent recipes-for-kids site that shows good taste, though this lady has made Da-da gain about 10 extra pounds. IT'S HER FAULT.
- Ludic Despair: a very funny pop culture site, highlighting: "An index of co-morbid symptoms."
- The Drunken Severed Head: Da-da has a soft spot for drunken, severed heads. Must be a childhood thing.
- The Swiss Kite Lab: sure, this isn't a blog, and Da-da can't afford any of these beauties (he makes all his kites from Area 52 alien dumpster diving), but he loves anything featuring Swiss kite know-how.
- SKY SPY Kites: the non-blog cheap side of the above non-blog (huh?). Remember bat kites for $1.99? Well, you can buy a gross of them for a bit more, but not much more. And if they wind up in the kite-eating tree? Da-da won't cry as much as if he'd just lost a $200 swiss kite.
- Diary of a Mad Movie Fanatic: while this blog isn't, "new," it features excellent, thoughtful reviews.
- If Charlie Parker Was a Gunslinger, There'd Be a Whole Lot of Dead Copycats: great vintage pop culture obscura blog.
Anyway, give the abovementioned folks a look. They obviously care about what they do -- quite unlike blase Da-da, who is barely conscious half the time, with the other half involving the terpsichorean training of baby aliens and the copious distribution of whipped cream on just about everything -- except THAT (Jeez. It's not FRIDAY, Gertrude).
|SMILE, Timmy, and... find your light.|